5 Ways Cloud Technology is Driving Supply chain Innovation
December 7, 2016
Adjuno recently spoke at the Asia Logistics Summit 2016 in Manila, Philippines. It was a full-day event organised by LBC Business Solutions featuring the leaders of the logistics and supply chain industry. Manufacturing in growing markets (incl. Philippines) is increasing steadily was one of the key messages we heard during the summit.
Asia Logistics Summit featured many of the nation’s most important industry leaders who discussed the latest trends in supply chain industry across Asia. Furthermore they shared some case studies and insights on the growth of technology-enabled companies and their effect on today’s complex supply chain and logistics industry. They addressed the challenges to build better businesses or get disrupted out of your business.
One of our representatives from Adjuno – James Hargraves (Business Development Director) was the speaker at the summit and shared his insights on 5 ways cloud technology is driving supply chain innovation. Those of you who missed the talk – we have summarized the 5 ways as below:
- Scalability – Capability of a solution to grow as your business grows without requiring any further installation and can replicate processes and procedures virtually is a platform for success. As the complexity increases with scale in supply chain – need for real time visibility is of utmost importance.
- Collaboration on a Single Platform – Seamlessly connecting all your supply chain partners to your data is a must have in today’s complex supply chain architecture. Having hundreds of suppliers as a part of your supply chain is the new normal.
- Intelligent Decision Making – Helps to manage trends, outliers and make informed business decisions off real time data available. Big data has raised the level of information available within your supply chain. Furthermore it helps to monitor your supply chain and sustainability strategies in real-time.
- Focus on Inventory Flow & Stock Control – Cloud-based solution provides a virtual view of inventory which improves the flow of inventory information along the supply chain. This eventually improves communication and forecasting end-user needs that greatly assists in flattening the bullwhip effect.
- 3PL Neutral – cloud-based supply chain technology allows your business to continue to utilize multiple logistics partners, and remove the reliance on your logistics provider for visibility. Having your own supply chain visibility software allows you to be able to conduct un-biased 360o performance reviews & action plans. This reduces tedious administration and delivers real cost savings to business.
Request Adjuno Software Demo
Customer Success Stories
We have found them to be an excellent business partner. Through the implementation of both their supply chain and sourcing software they have more than proven themselves in giving us a product that functions the way we need it to. LIMA has been a fantastic supply chain visibility tool, calculating real accurate landed cost position throughout the order lifecycle. The LIBERTY software matches our product sourcing business needs perfectly. PLM systems I’ve previously used, often bring lots of issues through implementation, but these guys managed this and I’ve got highly satisfied users.John Amm - GM Global Sourcing, Myer
The solution has realised more benefits than we initially thought possible. Claims notifications are being handled in a fraction of the time. Suppliers are making fewer calls into the office and quality scores have increased dramatically. All of this can only have had a positive impact on the customer experienceMartin Ashfield, head of commercial property claims, AXA
The system alerts us to exceptions against our plan, allowing us to focus our attentions on solving the real issues in the supply chain. Having a comprehensive audit trail of events for everyone to see has resulted in significantly improved service levels from our suppliers and agents.Darren Walker, head of generics buying and UK trading, Alliance Healthcare
Now our buyers can exchange photographs with suppliers and have a real-time dialogue as they develop styles, while buyers out in the Far East can send detailed and accurate information back to their teams in the UK. It has certainly cut lead times and reduced errors.Maxine Walter, supply chain co-ordination manager, New Look
The time it takes to compile reports has been significantly reduced; a report which used to take five whole days to complete is now accomplished within a single day!Sam Brown, Responsible Sourcing Co-ordinator - John Lewis.