5th August 2019
Working in the IT Operations Team
You will be excited about new technologies, but level headed enough to understand the difference between the hype and reality.
Sometimes you won’t be able to sleep at night until you’ve solved a particularly brain intensive problem.
You’ll know when you have to take things seriously and knuckle down.
You’ll be able to work without someone looking over your shoulder, but you may need to look over someone else’s.
What you will be doing
We are at an exciting stage in our use of IT, we are expanding into the cloud quickly, and with that expansion comes many opportunities for you to show us what you are made of.
You will be working both in traditional infrastructure as well as the Cloud, identifying existing processes for the development of either new or improved automation. Working to provide automation and integration to bespoke software solutions that are complex in nature.
You will need to work closely with other teams across the business to improve efficiency and adapt existing processes to enable a secure, smooth and successful migration to the cloud.
We rely on Windows, SQL, and IIS servers, with a splattering of Linux. We deploy Infrastructure as code to Azure and AWS, but aren’t ‘all in’ yet, so there’s plenty of opportunities for you to sharpen up and learn new skills in a hybrid cloud environment.
You won’t be expected to do this all on your own though, we have a tight team who work well together, and we bounce ideas around until the best solution sticks.
This role will report to the Head of IT Operations.
What you will need to be successful
- Comfortable designing and maintaining cloud solutions (e.g. Azure).
- Familiarity with DevOps processes and practices and automation.
- Demonstrates an applied knowledge of Microsoft solutions (Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, Office 365).
- Understanding of Information Security best practices.
- Networking infrastructure (TCP/IP, Load Balancers, Firewalls, LAN, WAN).
- Participate in an on-call support rota.